Friday, January 16, 2009

Banana Cupcake


Spring has sprung! Well not quite but it sure feels that way. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have been blessed with the sun after our “artic blast”. In honor of the spring feeling I give to you banana cupcakes.

I know what you are thinking.

“I don’t like banana”.

For years I thought I didn’t like coconut and fish. Let me tell you, when you eat it every day for close to a month, you learn to love it. Now I crave both. Sometimes you need to try something a few times before you really appreciate it.

Try it, I dare you.

Even if you don’t think you like something, be adventurous. Take a bite. Step outside that bubble, but most importantly, don’t let what you think you know hold you back from a lifetime of discovery.
This recipe is for banana bar however follow the mixing directions, scoop and bake like you would any other cupcake.


Frosted Banana Bars

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter. Finally, mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.

3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool completely before frosting.
I like to frost with this.

No comments: