Friday, January 30, 2009

Spider-Man





I know I am not married, and nowhere near having kids anytime soon, but I think that when my time to be a mother rolls around I am going to have boys. Lots of them. I don’t know why I think this but I do.

I don’t have a whole lot of experience with boys. I have 3 sisters, girl cousins who might as well be my sisters and most of the kids I have babysat have been girls. I am a girls girl.

Boys make me nervous. They jump off things.

When my sister asked me to make these cupcakes for Sawyers birthday my first thought was ‘I don’t even think I know what Spiderman looks like’ I mean yeah I’ve seen the movies but when it comes down to it I don’t think I could draw him. My second thought was ‘Well you better brush up on your super heroes cause this is your future.’

So I cheated a bit.

I printed out a picture of Spider Man and used it to make little faces out of both dark and white chocolate.

1. Make a template of Spider Man.
2. Cover template with a layer of wax or parchment paper.
3. Melt white chocolate and fill in the eyes.
4. Melt dark chocolate and freehand the shape of Spider Man and the web that makes up his face.
5. Let set up before continuing. (I made mine on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer, I have no patience.)
6. Once outline is hard melt white chocolate and add red food coloring.
7. Fill in the face with the red chocolate.
8. Let harden completely before topping cake.

No comments: