Thursday, January 1, 2009

Haystacks

My sister Nora usually makes these but as I was looking through the cupboard looking for something to make I had all the ingredients for these tasty treats. I usually am not a fan of butterscotch but I love it in this form. Recently I heard of people using peanut butter chips in place of the butterscotch but have yet to try that.

HAYSTACKS

INGREIDENTS

1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 bag Chinese chow mein noodles

Wax paper

DIRECTIONS

1. Melt together chocolate and butterscotch over a double boiler.
2. Add in the whole bag of Chinese noodles.
3. Mix well but try not to break noodles.
4. With a spoon scoop out and form into a mound on wax paper.

Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.

2 comments:

Nora said...

i thought that these were called chineese candies - but maybe that isnt very PC... mmmmm

Clara said...

You know me, Miss PC here right here :)