Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ikea's Pearl Sugar




Now that Ikea is so close to my house I visit it almost weekly! On my last visit I thought I’d take a lap of the grocery section right after you check out to see if there was anything fun. I stumbled across some pearl sugar so the compulsive buyer in me pulled out a five and walked up to the register.

I had high hopes, real high.

I am a little disappointed. My white pearl sugar turned the slightest shade of brown when I topped these cute cupcakes. It wasn’t a total let down, I choose to look at it as a learning experience. Next time I’ll avoid the chocolate.

I can’t believe I am going to say this but I am a little over chocolate for the moment!

2 comments:

Nora said...

make some sugar cookies!

Unknown said...

Hi, I came across your site when 'googling' for Pearl sugar. I saw a mouth-watering TV show about the Waffle Cabin waffles at a ski resort in the east, and they add Belgian sugar to the waffle batter. So I guess you can mix in the Pearl sugar when baking, too! Off to Ikea...
PS Love your site! Claudia