Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rainbow Cupcake!






Spring has sprung and my Sydney is 6! Can you believe it? I can’t.

In honor of both of these momentous occasions I bring you the Rainbow Cupcake. I have seen these floating around other cupcake blogs for about a year now and finally decided to take the plunge and try my hand at making them.

First let me say that they were more work than I had anticipated.

But it was well worth it so see the face of Syd as she bit into her birthday cupcake!

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to take any photos of the actual process (I had planned on it!) Basically you make white cake batter, divide it into as many bowls as you want colors. Mix in desired colors. Spoon a teaspoon of each color into cupcake papers. Be careful not to over fill.

Have fun with this, if you allow it, your creative side will have a blast!

2 comments:

Nora said...

im very disappointed i didnt get one of these - you should try to make them darker next time.

Clara said...

I know. This was just the first try. Next time they will be way cooler :)