Saturday, March 7, 2009

Toffee cupcakes




Sometimes I feel like I am just making the same thing over and over. Chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. Don’t get me wrong I love chocolate on chocolate but sometimes a girl needs to mix things up a bit. I gotta be honest. I didn’t have a whole lot to work with so while looking through the pantry yet again I stumbled across a half bag of toffee chips. Perfect. Not only did these cupcakes look tasty, the crunchy topping added a little something…unexpected, in a good way of course : )

I think next time a make these I’ll fill the cupcake with this homemade caramel recipe.

Homemade Caramels

Preheat oven to 425° F.

Pour 1 can (14 oz.) CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk into 9-inch pie plate.
Cover with aluminum foil; place in shallow pan (pan should be larger than pie plate). Fill pan with hot water.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until thick and light caramel-colored.

Pour milk into small mixer bowl add 1 tsp. vanilla extract; beat until smooth.

No comments: