Monday, December 8, 2008

Cookie Bars


I love me a cookie bar. Growing up my mom's friend Fran made these for us every year on halloween. Thanks Fran for all the years of yummyness :)

Recipe

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375° F.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Spread into prepared pan. Bake until chocolate chips just start to melt, about 3 minutes. Take a knife and swirl throughout dough. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

4 comments:

Nora said...

didnt Fran call them Marble Squares?!?!

Clara said...

For the life of me I couldn't think of what she called them. Thanks Nora!

Val said...

um... YUM! one of my favs. Did you take all the pic's? Loves' it
p.s. when does your bakery open? :)

Clara said...

Thanks Lolly! Yeah I take all the photos with my crappy camera... The bakery will open up as soon as I can afford it! You looking for a job? I've seen your skills :)