Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Colored Sugar Cookies
I love having one recipe that is really versatile. For me that recipe happens to be my sugar cookie recipe. I had a half batch of cookie dough left and I just didn’t have it in me to make and frost one more Christmas ornament cookie… After much complaining to anyone who was in ear shot I sucked it up and took a look around. Last year I got a huge bottle of these big colored sugar sprinkles at one of those warehouse stores that I just don’t use that often so I thought I’d just roll the dough in those. This is how they turned out.
Here are the step by step instructions if you feel like trying them for yourself.
1. Make your favorite sugar cookie dough. Mine can be found here.
3. Scoop out and roll into even balls of dough.
4. Roll into colored sugar to cover.
5. Take the bottom of a glass and press the cookie just to flatten.
6. Follow baking instructions and enjoy!