Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Banana Coconut Loaf



First lat me say I love banana bread.
Next, coconut is quickly becoming one of my favorite things.
So when I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com I knew I had to try it!

It was so good! Now I know that not everyone loves coconut but if you do this is a must try recipe. You can see the original recipe by clicking here. I made subtle changes.

I think you could also make this into muffins or bread without any problems, just change up your pans.

INGREDIENTS

2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Mix together flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
2. Break eggs in a mixing bowl, and beat until light and frothy. Add sugar and melted butter. Beat well. Stir in mashed banana and almond extract. Add flour mixture, and stir just to combine. Spoon into greased bunt pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool.

2 comments:

Nora said...

i didnt get any of this...

April said...

Mmmm...I want some.