Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I had a dream...

There are few thing I love more than being in the kitchen. Three of those things happen to be sisters whom I adore. Caroling 11, Grace, 13 and Ellen 18. For the past 5 years I spent almost every day with these girls as their nanny. I love them. The week of my birthday last year Caroline had a dream depicting the cake she was meant to bake me. The next day the three of them went shopping, got everything they needed and set out to make me the most wonderful cake I was ever to receive. It was stunning with 2 layers covered in pink and purple frosting. Perfect!

As the kids continue to grow older there are few things that will bring everyone together. Baking/ decorating is something I can always count on to get them in the same room, at the same time, enjoying the same thing. I encourage you to involve your kids when in the kitchen. At the end of the day there might be a bigger mess to clean up but it's worth it. Trust me!

No comments: